Daily Word....

Sunday, December 12, 2010

~Finally The Reveal~

 Ok my friends this is it, I will give you a quick glance at what we Ahh I mean Steve has been doing!!:0) I had the idea and he brought it to life!!! So this is what we started with........

And this was the inspiration, the room we stayed in when we went away for our 25th wedding Anniversary.....
 And this my friends is what we ended up with!!!!........

WE LOVE IT!!! We put in a ventless gas fire insert and Steve built the surround and mantle!! We put beadboard up on the wall first and painted it the color of my trim and then Steve worked his magic for us!!! It is over 5ft tall, taller then me!!HA!! We have to wait til the 23rd for them to hook up the gas but we don't care as long as we have a beautiful fire by Chreistmas Eve!!:0)



So my friends what do you think??? I bet it was not at all what you were thinking!!LOL!!!
I will definitely post pictures when we finally have fire in it!!
Take care my friends and God Bless I pray you all are having a wonderful Christmas season!!
Wendy

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Wendy, I think it looks Amazing!!
Love it!!
Tam

Angela said...

What do I think? Well girl, of course I had to click on the pic to enlarge it, than I screamed..well not really but I wanted too, everyone is sleeping so I thought better not..Loving it so much. Hubby did an AMAZING job! My fav. colour too..oh, just divine.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love it, Wendy! You and your hubby are a great team! I would love a working fireplace. You will have it hooked up just in time for Christmas! Yeah!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Wonderful!!! Hubby did a great job!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Looks so cozy and inviting - even without the fire! Have a great day, Dawn

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love it! It's great!

Carmen and the Primcats

Theresa said...

Looks wonderful! Your husband is a keeper. Congrats on 25 years.

Marie said...

Love it! It looks wonderful. I know you will enjoy that beautiful fireplace. I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas.
Love,
Marie

Sandy said...

Ohhh Wendy...I LOVE it! WOW! Can't wait to see it lit :) We were suppose to put one in this year but had to change my our mind because where we thought we would, it can't go there due to the venting for gas. But that's OK because instead we will be enjoying a new pool come this Summer.

Can't wait to see more pics :) I just love it! So in the mean time, I will enjoy yours ;)

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sandy

Anne said...

Wow what a huge difference..I Love it!!! What a nice night Christmas Eve will be for you!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Anne

Jean Tuthill said...

It's beautiful, you did a great job, Hubby, too. Love it!

Birgit said...

It is just beautiful! Your hubby did a great job and you have it wonderfully decorated too.
You make a good team.
Christmas blessings to you~ Birgit